Every OneRooftop website comes equipped with a powerful booking engine which will allow you to accept payments based on the rates and fees you specify.
Travelers now expect to have the ability to pay for their accommodations online. With OneRooftop, you have the ability to offer them that convenience.
To begin accepting payments through the website you will need to have a payment gateway and merchant account to process the transactions. A payment gateway is a service that allows you to accept credit card payments securely online through your OneRooftop vacation rental website.
For the majority of OneRooftop-supported payment gateways, such as Braintree, Stripe, PayPal, a separate merchant account is not required to accept credit card payments through your OneRooftop website. The account is automatically included when you sign up with the payment gateway provider.
You can set up multiple merchant accounts and assign different merchant accounts to specific properties.
Stripe is available in 18 countries and also allows you to start accepting credit card payments immediately.
If you are based in the United States, you can now use Braintree to quickly start accepting credit card payments.
Stripe is fully integrated with your vacation rental website and comes with a wide variety of functions, allowing you to manage your entire vacation rental business in one place. It eliminates the hassle of setting up third-party payment gateways and/or merchant account and having to put credentials into OneRooftop.
Stripe is the simplest way to accept payments online and is currently supported in 25 countries. Here is the list of countries your bank may be based in. Here is the list of currencies you may accept, depending on which country you are based in.
Log in to your OneRooftop Admin. Go to Account > Payments
Click “Add Merchant Account.”
Choose “Stripe” from the drop-down menu.
Add a label for your own internal use (for example: TahoeStripe).
Choose whether you will be linking an existing Stripe account or creating a new account from the drop-down menu.
You will be redirected to Stripe’s account application page.
Submit your application to Stripe.
Await approval. You will receive an email with your Stripe user name and password once you are approved.
After you are approved, log in to your OneRooftop Admin and go to Account > Payments. The “Application Status” should now be listed as “Complete.”
You’re almost there! All you need to do is connect your merchant account to your property. If you have multiple properties, you can do a mass update. We also recommend running a small test charge to make sure everything is functioning as expected.
Braintree is fully integrated with your vacation rental website and comes with a wide variety of functions to let your manage your entire vacation rental business in one place. It’s the simplest way to accept payments online and eliminates the hassle of setting up third-party payment gateways and/or merchant account.
OneRooftop Payments is only available in the United States at this time
1. Log in to your OneRooftop Admin. Go to Accounts > Accept Payments
2. Click “Add Merchant.”
3. Choose “Braintree” from the drop-down menu.
4. “Add a Label” for your own internal use (for example: TahoeBraintree) and choose “No: Sign up for a new Braintree account.”
5. You will be redirected to Braintree’s new account application page.
6. Submit your account application to Braintree.
For instant approval, you will need:
7. Await approval. You will receive an email with your new Braintree user name and password once you are approved.
8. Once you receive the approval confirmation from Braintree, log in to OneRooftop and go to Accounts > Manage Account > Accept Payments. The “Application Status” should now be listed as “Approved.”
9. Congratulations! You can now start accepting credit cards—Visa, Mastercard and Amex—through your vacation rental website! Make sure your website and property settings are ready to go as well. Here is a helpful tutorial.