Add a Page
OneRooftop provides a set of pre-formatted webpages designed for vacation rental businesses. You can add as many webpages as you want…no web developers or code writing required! We’ll walk you through the different page types below.
Log in to the OneRooftop Admin. Go to Website > Pages
From this tab, click the “Select Page Type” drop-down menu, choose a page type to get started and click “Add.” You will be taken to edit a new page template.
Each page template allows you to enter a “Page Title” and “Page URL.”
For SEO purposes, it’s often advantageous to be more explicit or clearer with your page title and description. The page title is displayed in the tab or title bar of the browser. It is also used as the title in search engine results. The page description may be used in search engine results. See our SEO 101 guide for more info.
Local Search Powered by Yelp
- Through an integration with Yelp, you can embed a map of Yelp-reviewed restaurants and activities near your rental(s).
- Edit the “ZIP Code” field to where your vacation rental(s) are located and select from the “Search Terms” from the drop-down menu below. For example, if you choose “Restaurants,” then “Restaurants” will be the default search term when your visitors arrive on the page.
- Here’s what the page will look like on your website.
you cannot control the pins. These are automatically fed from Yelp.com.
- This page type features a beautiful photo gallery, an editable content area and the option to feature certain properties.
- Blogs are great for content that you’ll be updating regularly. If you have an existing blog, you can feed the content to your website. You need to find the “Feed URL” which is different than the blog’s URL.
- The easiest way to get the Feed URL, regardless of which web browser you’re using, is to look at the HTML source of your page. How you view it in your web browser will differ, but in most browsers, you’ll choose the “Page Source” or “Source” option under the “View” menu near the top of the window. Once the window appears with the HTML for your page, use the “Find” feature (typically Ctrl + F on a PC, ⌘ + F on a Mac) and search for “RSS” (without the quotes).
- This template displays images on the left and text on the right on your website. You can also add a URL, which will link the entry’s title to an external website.
- Every website template comes with a homepage photo gallery. Additionally, every property page has it’s own photo gallery. You can also add the “Photo Gallery” page to display other photos, like those of your local area. Easily upload photos, add text descriptions and reorder to your liking.
- This template allows you to display videos of your vacation rental and/or the local area. Your videos need to be hosted externally on a third-party website, such as YouTube or Vimeo. Add an optional “Page Heading” and copy and paste the URLs for each video you would like to have shown.
- Your website will then showcase your videos in a clean layout. The video will enlarge when clicking the play arrow.
- If you would like to link to another website in your menu, you can create an External Link and add it to your menu. Copy and paste the External URL in the given field and check the box if you’d like the page to “Open link in new window” when clicked (this would allow your vacation rental website to stay open in the user’s browser.).
- This page template lets you easily create a “Contact” page. Your login email address is the default delivery address for this form, but you can change it or add additional email addresses separated by commas in the “Delivery List” field.
- This page template will display the calendar view for whichever properties you choose.
- Use the drop-down menus to select properties and how many months of your calendar should be displayed. Visitors will still be able to scroll through the entire calendar.
- You can also add text and photos using the WYSIWYG editor.
- The blank page template has a WYSIWYG editor where you can add text and format it or paste in HTML using the </> (code view) button.
- Easily drag and drop photos into the “Page Content” field and edit them to your liking.
Adding a link to the “External (IFRAME) Content URL” field will override any text/photos in the “Page Content” section.